Thursday, March 17, 2011

Michaele Salahi Talks 'Celebrity Rehab' Exit



Tareq Salahi and his Real Housewives of D.C. wife Michaele Salahi sat down with us for their first TV interview to give their side of the story regarding Michaele's exit from VH1's Celebrity Rehab.

Michaele claimed that she was under the impression that she could enter the rehab facility for treatment of MS, but was asked to leave the Pasadena Recovery Center almost immediately since she did not suffer from an addiction. VH1 tells ET the treatment program that Celebrity Rehab documents "is intended for individuals with serious substance abuse and addiction issues" and "found that she did not meet such criteria."

Michaele tells ET, "They always knew I didn't have an addiction. I always said that from the very beginning. I'm here because I relapsed with MS and I never want to turn to those pills again. It's scary."

She adds, "Alcoholism, addiction, drug addiction, those are things that are serious diseases, but Multiple Sclerosis is just as serious, and it's debilitating. You can end up in a wheelchair. I've had times where I couldn't walk across a room out of my bed, so I really believed when I went [to Celebrity Rehab] that they wouldn't bring me there unless they were going to help me. So to be told that, 'Yes, we can help you,' and then a week later to be ... literally discarded, it was very emotional, very painful, and I don't want to look back on it."

In spite of this unpleasant experience, Michaele reveals that she wouldn't mind starring in yet another reality program.

"I'd love to do Dancing with the Stars," said Michaele. "That's where I should've gone."

No comments:

Post a Comment